We have created a checklist of some medical items that you may need during your trip.
All examples are German medications which you can get at our pharmacy.
Medication for treating slight pain:
- Insect repellent (e.g. Autan ®)
- Sun cream (e.g. Anthelios ®), aftersun (e.g. Posthelios ®)
- Cream or gel to treat insect stings or sunburn (e.g. Fenistil ®, Brand- und Wundgel ®)
- Sun protection from within (e.g. Vivit Carotin®, Calcium Sandoz ®)
- Painkillers / antipyretics (e.g. Aspirin ® Direkt, Aktren spezial®)
- Medicines for colds (e.g. ACC ® akut, Otriven ®, Lemocin ®, Meditonsin ®)
- Medicines for diarrhoea (e.g. Imodium ® akut, Kohle-Compretten ®, Elotrans ®, Santalyt ®)
- Ointment for sports injuries (e.g. Mobilat ®)
- Medicines for travel sickness (e.g. Superpep ®)
- Ointment for burns and wounds (e.g. Bepanthen ®, Brand- und Wundgel ®)
- Constipation medicines (e.g. Dulcolax ®)
- Medicine for athlete’s foot (e.g. Canesten ®)
- Knee-length flight socks
- Heartburn medicine (e.g. Talcid ®)
Bandages for smaller injuries:
- Gauze / elastic bandages
- Adhesive plasters without pad (e.g. Leukoplast ®)
- Products for disinfecting wounds (e.g. Hansamed ® Spray)
- Plasters in various sizes
- Surface disinfectants (e.g. Sagrotan ®)
- Plasters for blisters (e.g. Compeed ®)
- Emergency contact addresses with telephone numbers and country codes (e.g. GP, poison centres, phone no. for paramedics in holiday destination)
- Travel medication should be protected from heat, damp and kept away from children.
- Medicines that you take daily belong in your hand luggage.Remember that a holiday can go on longer than planned and your required medication may not be available at your holiday destination.
- Make sure your injections are up to date! The Spital Pharmacy team will be happy to advise you.